This two-day session reflected on current FGM Campaigns and explored best Media Practices to Amplify #EndFGM in the Somali Context.
Date: 23rd – 24th June, 2021
#EndFGM Somali Media Campaigners, media personnel, religious and CSO communities in Somali speaking regions.
- Identify strategies to amplify influential #EndFGM voices on the media (including female religious leaders)
- Explore what works and doesn’t in Somali media campaign to End FGM.
- Soft launch of the Dear Daughter campaign as well as how people can take part.
- Conduct a refresher social media training for participants.
Bring all key stakeholders together to act against growing trends of gender-based violence during COVID_19 pandemic particularly in Somali regions.
- Amplify voices and better support women (particularly Religious) to speak out against FGM on the media
- Reflect on-going FGM Media Campaigns in Somali context and discuss strategies to improve them
- Explore best methods of amplifying religious leader’s voices (particularly female) against All forms of FGM on Somali media
- Introducing the ‘Dear Daughter’ Campaign and how to get involved.
- Social media refresher training for campaigners
- Global Media Campaign
- Ifrah Foundation
- UNFPA Somalia
Dates and time of Media Masterclass
Date: 23rd – 24th June 2021.
Time: 12- 2pm (London) | 2 to 4pm (Somalia)
Daily session plan (Programme)
Click here for details
Target localities (districts/regions):
- Somali region of Ethiopia
- Somali speakers of Kenya
Somali Media Masterclass was for:
- #EndFGM Campaigners
- The Media (editors / journalists)
- Religious leaders (including female)
- CSO representatives
- Government representatives