By Team Port Loko,
Team Pork Loko had a big success in their most recent end FGM media campaign.
- To raise awareness on the negative effects of FGM in Port Loko and Kambia districts as well as targeting communities across the Guinea border with Sierra Leone
- To directly engage at least one community and a chiefdom in a direct conversation about FGM and its effects
- Embark on five radio talk shows, three (3) live in Port Loko, one live, and one repeat in Kambia
- To visit Alert Committees that Aare serving as informants on issues of FGM in hard to reach communities
- To highlight the impacts of FGM on the girl child and the family
- Raise awareness on both short and long term implications of FGM to women and the society
To change the behavior of people especially parents, Sowes and Girls on their cultural perspective about FGM
We engaged over 513,000 community people in Port Loko and Kambia Districts, Northwest of Sierra Leone
we aimed to continue our engagements with communities to stop violence against women and girls and to stop FGM and other harmful practices.
Sowes of Konakery-Dee in Kafubulum pledge to stop FGM after we engaged with them.
Messages reached the targeted population, feedback obtained and a huge impact created.
More communities need to be reached, but limited resources are available.
Parents and Soweis can better understand the implications of FGM when directly engaged